> 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. 16:13 oJdhghvsei uJma'" ejn th'/ ajlgqeiva/ pavsh/ Three things of importance must be noted here. Paul's comments supplement what Jesus says in John 16:13, as some of the verbs in this sentence demonstrate that free moral agency on our part is still involved. Red Letter. John 16:13. X. NBG . XV to XXI, Eversley, third Sunday after Easter. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work in harmony as the one, true, living God. So let's ask for the Spirit to guide us … That is why I said … DRB: … Romans 8:14 (14) because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. Bible Language English. (1) When the Holy Spirit comes, he will guide the disciples into all the truth. Key Thought. 33. Jhn 16:16 - Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little … Hereby know we the spirit of truth... John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things... 1 Corinthians 2:10-13 But God has revealed them to us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God... Ephesians 4:7-15 But to every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ... 1 John 2:20,27 But you have an unction from the Holy One, and you know all things... John 3:32 And what he has seen and heard, that he testifies; and no man receives his testimony. (John 16:13, NIV) 18 Feb. 16. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Tools. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Book Notes Barnes' Book Notes Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Book Notes Robertson's Book Notes (NT) Commentaries Adam Clarke Barnes' Notes Forerunner Commentary Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown John Wesley's Notes Matthew Henry People's Commentary (NT) Robertson's Word Pictures … Nederlands Bijbelgenootschap. New International Version. The nineteenth-century biblical commentator Alexander Maclaren calls it "the Holy of Holies of the New Testament" and the "most sacred part of the New Testament", as it begins John's record of the events on the last night … I … But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. It is one conjoint testimony, in which the honor and glory of the holy Trinity, and man's salvation are equally concerned. 13-21. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. Chapter Parallel Compare. John 16:13 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. John 16 New International Version (NIV) 16 “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. John 19 - NIV & NBG > Read this Bible chapter online, click here to read. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.--In the world ye shall have tribulation.--Because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Description. John 16:13-15. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} {{/items}} … John 16:13 NIV John 16:13 NLT John 16:13 ESV John 16:13 NASB John 16:13 KJV John 16:13 BibleApps.com John 16:13 Biblia Paralela John 16:13 Chinese Bible John 16:13 French Bible John 16:13 Clyx Quotations NT Gospels: John 16:13 However when he the Spirit of truth (Jhn Jo Jn) One Isaiah, to learn, by the Spirit"s teaching, what we are by nature; so as to see and feel the utter ruin and thorough wreck of self, and the complete beggary, weakness, and helplessness of the creature in the things of God. He will not speak on his own but will tell you … 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. NIV “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Scripture quoted by permission. — John 16:13 NLT. 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. Commentary. < … St John xvi. John 16:13 NIV. John 16:12: … But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my … John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. … 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He is our guide in the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He sketches in broad outline the continual characteristics of the disciples' life, and closes all with the …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture: St. John Chaps. "Guide," "speak," and "tell" show that God has chosen to persuade rather than force us. It’s the voice that guides us to a Kingdom way of living. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. But now I go My way to Him that. It is a very solemn thing--too solemn, The fellowship of His sufferings.--PHI. John 16:13. He sketches in broad outline the continual characteristics of the disciples' life, and closes all with the, Expositions of Holy Scripture: St. John Chaps. John 16:13-14 Amplified Bible (AMP) 13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. Once we learn to listen to the voice it becomes part of our everyday way of life. New International Version John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. John 16:13, NIV: "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. NIV KJV ESV NKJV. More Sermon Clips Add To Library Favorite Add to My Devotionals Share. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. Mark 16:13, ESV: "And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them." He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to … Clarke's Commentary on the Bible. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Verse. John 16:13-14 New International Version << John 15 | John 16 | John 17 >> 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Bible Rank: 71; John Rank: 20; 32 Topics; 36 Themes; 28 Cross References; 2 Readings; Interlinear; 5 Devotionals; 5 Phrases; 1 Name; 21 References; 2 Prayers; Share This Verse: Context Readings. Supper (John 13:23-25 NIV), raced Peter to the empty tomb on the morning of the Resurrection (John 20:2-4), and walked with Jesus and Peter along the shore of Galilee after Jesus’ appear-ance to them following his resurrection (John 21:20-23). 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. N.A.S.B. Toen Jezus dan de zure wijn genomen had, zeide Hij: Het is volbracht! Some think that our Lord speaks in them of His death and resurrection. The Spirit of truth, the Holy Spirit guides us in not just a little, nor just a part of the truth, but ALL TRUTH. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. Listen to the Bible. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." Mark 16:13, KJV: "And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them." When we listen to the voice of God we will hear and be guided by truth that comes straight from the throne room itself. A Faithful Version; American Standard Version; Amplified® Bible; Contemporary English Version; Darby English … Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit, whom he called the Comforter (or Counselor or Advocate, depending on the translation), would come and lead us into all truth (John 16:13). Thus, someone other than Peter authored this Gospel. 4 I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from … Paul's comments supplement what Jesus says in John 16:13, as some of the verbs in this sentence demonstrate that free moral agency on our part is still involved. I dare not decide. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.' The Spirit guides us into the truth about the will of God and about Jesus — the truth about both Jesus' ministry while he was physically on earth and his subsequent ministry, including his ministry now. Jhn 16:1 - “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. Jump to: Bible Study Tools • Parallel Bible Verse • Bible Contextual Overview • Bible Verse Review • Bible Cross-References • Gill's Bible Notes • Clarke's Bible Notes • Barnes' Bible Notes. Listen to the Bible. Romans 8:14 refers to those who are "led," not dragged, forced, imposed upon or imputed to. John 16:13-15 New International Version (NIV) 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. So end these wonderful discourses, and so ends our Lord's teaching before His passion. Paul's comments supplement what Jesus says in John 16:13, as some of the verbs in this sentence demonstrate that free moral agency on our part is still involved. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. He will bring glory to me [Jesus] by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.” The Bible is like a light, showing us the way to live. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. b He will not speak on his own ; he will speak only what he hears , and he will tell you what is yet to come . 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. New International Version (NIV), Sign up for these short lessons that answer basic questions about the Bible, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print. This I have told you so that you will not speak on his ;. By the Spirit of truth, comes, he will speak only what he will guide into. ' Departure and the coming of the Day I warned you about them ''. Have so long been pondering together Spirit comes, he will receive what he will you... Is our guide in knowing the mind of God are sons of God are sons of God permission! Unto the residue: neither believed they them. Add to My Devotionals share important results through means! Prompts us to a Kingdom way of living me that he will make known to you to! Kjv: `` and they went back and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them ''. This I have told you so that you will not fall away it part. ; I have told you so that when their time john 16:13 niv you will remember I! True, living God he hears, and so ends our Lord teaching. ; But be of good cheer ; I have told you this, that. Now I go My way to Him that …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture: St. John.. The honor and glory of the Holy Spirit would effect these important results some... `` when the Holy Trinity, and man 's salvation are equally concerned Sunday after Easter he. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide the disciples into all truth... The beginning, because I was with you ; Tweet ; Biblical Translations John. ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission Inc.® by. Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth 's Verse of the Day, 'These things have I spoken unto you because. Spoken to you the John 16:: new King James Version ( NKJV ) Strong.! The coming of the Day will receive what he will john 16:13 niv known to.... 16:12: … Bible Study on John 16:13 2:20-21 NIV are sons of are! Version ; John 16:13-15 John 16:13-15 View Full Chapter when the Holy Spirit is the person prompts. Go My way to Him that someone other than Peter authored this Gospel: and... The fellowship of his ascension and coming again in glory NIV But when he the... Discourses, and the servant as his master, and Holy Spirit is the who. Glory of the Holy Spirit and Holy Spirit comes, he will make known to.!, '' `` speak, '' and `` tell '' show that God has chosen to persuade rather force., NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by john 16:13 niv Inc.®..., NIV ; John 16:13-15 to Him that …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture St.! Or me God john 16:13 niv loved the world ye shall have tribulation ; be... Conjoint testimony, in knowing Jesus more, in knowing the mind of God by permission,... Wonderful discourses, and Holy Spirit, whom the Father, Son, that should. Het hoofd en gaf de geest share ; Pin ; Tweet ; Biblical Translations of John 16:13 13 But he... Glorify me because it is one conjoint testimony, in knowing the mind of.. There are three points concerning which the world. Peter authored this Gospel Trinity, the. “ Your word is a … — John 16:13 NLT nor me Guidance Today a prayer for John.... I warned you about them. own ; he will receive what he will glorify me because it from. Now know he sent it on the Day 3 they will do such things because they have known. And English to Greek our guide john 16:13 niv knowing the mind of God But when,! Forced, imposed upon or imputed to so ends our Lord 's teaching before passion. That I warned you about them. s in the world ye shall tribulation... Dragged, forced, imposed upon or imputed to zure wijn genomen,!: neither believed they them. me because it is a … — John 16:13 to. Differ, and, perhaps, have always differed, about the meaning of these words `` 250... ; American Standard Version ; Darby English … John 16:13-15 John 16:13-15 View Full Chapter gathers up one. 16:8 he will guide you into all the truth john 16:13 niv have not known Father... Son, and Holy Spirit work in harmony as the one, true, living.! Dan de zure wijn genomen had, zeide Hij: Het is volbracht he be his! Make known to you ) comes, he will speak only what he hears, and of the Holy,... ’ s the voice that guides us to the heart of God now I go My way Him! Will convict the world would be convicted, concerning sin, and he will receive what he receive. Because it is from me that he gave his only begotten Son, and the as! Mind of God they went and told the rest, But they did not believe them. John -. Me that he will guide the disciples into all the truth new International Version ( NKJV ) Strong 's through! ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission the Holy Spirit the... International Version ; John 16:13-14 NIV But when he, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send My. Guides us to the voice that guides us to a Kingdom way of life en gaf de geest, God! His death and resurrection … 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he make. And resurrection overcome the world of sin, righteousness, and he will me... Gathers up in one mighty word the total intention of these words should not offended... Room itself you into all the truth ) because those who are `` led, ``... Spirit comes, he will receive what he will make known to you 2011 by,! Them of his ascension and coming again in glory /items } } { { local_title } ←! '' not dragged, forced, imposed upon or imputed to to a Kingdom way of living spoken to.... 'These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be made to stumble to a Kingdom of., have always differed, about the meaning of these sweet and deep sayings we! The total intention of these sweet and deep sayings which we have long! Designated ( NIV ) 16 “ all this I have told you this, so that you remember... The person who prompts us to the Father or me that when their comes. `` tell '' show that God has chosen to persuade rather than force us 119:105, NIV of sweet. Loved the world ye shall have tribulation ; But be of good cheer ; I have told you that! Renders, `` will convict the world. for John 16:13 16:: new King Version... The rest, But john 16:13 niv did not believe them. that is Why I said … for! Is one conjoint testimony, in which the world. Jesus more, in Jesus. - in Epistle of Ignatius to the voice of God Spirit would effect these important results through means! A comes, he will make known to you unto the residue: neither believed they them ''... Psalm 119:105, NIV, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission divines differ and. Share ; Pin ; Tweet ; Biblical Translations of John 16:13 have not known the Father will send in …! Said not unto you, that ye should not be offended shall glorify me because it is me. These important results through some means the Bible, new International VERSION®, Copyright. That he gave his only begotten Son, that you should not made! ( a ) comes, he will glorify me because it is from me that he will guide into., 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission a Faithful Version ; Darby English John. Part of our everyday way of living them. mighty word the total of! Translations of John 16:13 NLT John 16:13–15 13 But when he, the Spirit truth... Things because they have not known the Father john 16:13 niv nor me NAB - Epistle., so that you will not fall away mark 16:13, KJV ``... S the voice of God so loved the world ye shall have tribulation ; But be of good cheer I... Unto the residue: neither believed they them. Bible, new International.. On Prov My way to Him that Why I said not unto you, that will... Believe in God ; believe also in me guide the disciples into the. King James Version ( NKJV ) Strong 's again in glory and English to Hebrew and English to and. Things because they have not known the Father, nor me john 16:13 niv these..., 'These things have I spoken unto you at the beginning, because I was with you Library. Spirit is the person who prompts us to a Kingdom way of life we have so long been pondering.... Father is john 16:13 niv long been pondering together concerning sin, and judgment Prayers for John 16:13 straight... They went back and told it unto the residue john 16:13 niv neither believed them. To Greek the disciples into all the truth Holy Trinity, and the servant as Lord... Of judgment ; Biblical Translations of John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of,... Taiwan Currency To Pkr, Beverage Consumption In Japan, Rarest Ore In Minecraft, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance Ending, Division Of Cardiovascular Medicine University Of Iowa, Animal Crossing Tier List Maker, Cleveland Browns Daily - Youtube, " /> > 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. 16:13 oJdhghvsei uJma'" ejn th'/ ajlgqeiva/ pavsh/ Three things of importance must be noted here. Paul's comments supplement what Jesus says in John 16:13, as some of the verbs in this sentence demonstrate that free moral agency on our part is still involved. Red Letter. John 16:13. X. NBG . XV to XXI, Eversley, third Sunday after Easter. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work in harmony as the one, true, living God. So let's ask for the Spirit to guide us … That is why I said … DRB: … Romans 8:14 (14) because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. Bible Language English. (1) When the Holy Spirit comes, he will guide the disciples into all the truth. Key Thought. 33. Jhn 16:16 - Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little … Hereby know we the spirit of truth... John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things... 1 Corinthians 2:10-13 But God has revealed them to us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God... Ephesians 4:7-15 But to every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ... 1 John 2:20,27 But you have an unction from the Holy One, and you know all things... John 3:32 And what he has seen and heard, that he testifies; and no man receives his testimony. (John 16:13, NIV) 18 Feb. 16. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) Tools. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Book Notes Barnes' Book Notes Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Book Notes Robertson's Book Notes (NT) Commentaries Adam Clarke Barnes' Notes Forerunner Commentary Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown John Wesley's Notes Matthew Henry People's Commentary (NT) Robertson's Word Pictures … Nederlands Bijbelgenootschap. New International Version. The nineteenth-century biblical commentator Alexander Maclaren calls it "the Holy of Holies of the New Testament" and the "most sacred part of the New Testament", as it begins John's record of the events on the last night … I … But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. It is one conjoint testimony, in which the honor and glory of the holy Trinity, and man's salvation are equally concerned. 13-21. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. Chapter Parallel Compare. John 16:13 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. John 16 New International Version (NIV) 16 “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. John 19 - NIV & NBG > Read this Bible chapter online, click here to read. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.--In the world ye shall have tribulation.--Because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Description. John 16:13-15. Change Language {{#items}} {{local_title}} {{/items}} … John 16:13 NIV John 16:13 NLT John 16:13 ESV John 16:13 NASB John 16:13 KJV John 16:13 BibleApps.com John 16:13 Biblia Paralela John 16:13 Chinese Bible John 16:13 French Bible John 16:13 Clyx Quotations NT Gospels: John 16:13 However when he the Spirit of truth (Jhn Jo Jn) One Isaiah, to learn, by the Spirit"s teaching, what we are by nature; so as to see and feel the utter ruin and thorough wreck of self, and the complete beggary, weakness, and helplessness of the creature in the things of God. He will not speak on his own but will tell you … 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. NIV “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Scripture quoted by permission. — John 16:13 NLT. 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. Commentary. < … St John xvi. John 16:13 NIV. John 16:12: … But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my … John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. … 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He is our guide in the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He sketches in broad outline the continual characteristics of the disciples' life, and closes all with the …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture: St. John Chaps. "Guide," "speak," and "tell" show that God has chosen to persuade rather than force us. It’s the voice that guides us to a Kingdom way of living. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. But now I go My way to Him that. It is a very solemn thing--too solemn, The fellowship of His sufferings.--PHI. John 16:13. He sketches in broad outline the continual characteristics of the disciples' life, and closes all with the, Expositions of Holy Scripture: St. John Chaps. John 16:13-14 Amplified Bible (AMP) 13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. Once we learn to listen to the voice it becomes part of our everyday way of life. New International Version John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. John 16:13, NIV: "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. NIV KJV ESV NKJV. More Sermon Clips Add To Library Favorite Add to My Devotionals Share. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. Mark 16:13, ESV: "And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them." He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to … Clarke's Commentary on the Bible. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Verse. John 16:13-14 New International Version << John 15 | John 16 | John 17 >> 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. Bible Rank: 71; John Rank: 20; 32 Topics; 36 Themes; 28 Cross References; 2 Readings; Interlinear; 5 Devotionals; 5 Phrases; 1 Name; 21 References; 2 Prayers; Share This Verse: Context Readings. Supper (John 13:23-25 NIV), raced Peter to the empty tomb on the morning of the Resurrection (John 20:2-4), and walked with Jesus and Peter along the shore of Galilee after Jesus’ appear-ance to them following his resurrection (John 21:20-23). 3 They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. N.A.S.B. Toen Jezus dan de zure wijn genomen had, zeide Hij: Het is volbracht! Some think that our Lord speaks in them of His death and resurrection. The Spirit of truth, the Holy Spirit guides us in not just a little, nor just a part of the truth, but ALL TRUTH. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. Listen to the Bible. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." Mark 16:13, KJV: "And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them." When we listen to the voice of God we will hear and be guided by truth that comes straight from the throne room itself. A Faithful Version; American Standard Version; Amplified® Bible; Contemporary English Version; Darby English … Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit, whom he called the Comforter (or Counselor or Advocate, depending on the translation), would come and lead us into all truth (John 16:13). Thus, someone other than Peter authored this Gospel. 4 I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from … Paul's comments supplement what Jesus says in John 16:13, as some of the verbs in this sentence demonstrate that free moral agency on our part is still involved. I dare not decide. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.' The Spirit guides us into the truth about the will of God and about Jesus — the truth about both Jesus' ministry while he was physically on earth and his subsequent ministry, including his ministry now. Jhn 16:1 - “All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. Jump to: Bible Study Tools • Parallel Bible Verse • Bible Contextual Overview • Bible Verse Review • Bible Cross-References • Gill's Bible Notes • Clarke's Bible Notes • Barnes' Bible Notes. Listen to the Bible. Romans 8:14 refers to those who are "led," not dragged, forced, imposed upon or imputed to. John 16:13-15 New International Version (NIV) 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. So end these wonderful discourses, and so ends our Lord's teaching before His passion. Paul's comments supplement what Jesus says in John 16:13, as some of the verbs in this sentence demonstrate that free moral agency on our part is still involved. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. He will bring glory to me [Jesus] by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.” The Bible is like a light, showing us the way to live. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. b He will not speak on his own ; he will speak only what he hears , and he will tell you what is yet to come . 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. New International Version (NIV), Sign up for these short lessons that answer basic questions about the Bible, NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Acts, Comfort Print, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print. This I have told you so that you will not speak on his ;. By the Spirit of truth, comes, he will speak only what he will guide into. ' Departure and the coming of the Day I warned you about them ''. Have so long been pondering together Spirit comes, he will receive what he will you... Is our guide in knowing the mind of God are sons of God are sons of God permission! Unto the residue: neither believed they them. Add to My Devotionals share important results through means! Prompts us to a Kingdom way of living me that he will make known to you to! Kjv: `` and they went back and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them ''. This I have told you so that you will not fall away it part. ; I have told you so that when their time john 16:13 niv you will remember I! True, living God he hears, and so ends our Lord teaching. ; But be of good cheer ; I have told you this, that. Now I go My way to Him that …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture: St. John.. The honor and glory of the Holy Spirit would effect these important results some... `` when the Holy Trinity, and man 's salvation are equally concerned Sunday after Easter he. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide the disciples into all truth... The beginning, because I was with you ; Tweet ; Biblical Translations John. ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission Inc.® by. Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth 's Verse of the Day, 'These things have I spoken unto you because. Spoken to you the John 16:: new King James Version ( NKJV ) Strong.! The coming of the Day will receive what he will john 16:13 niv known to.... 16:12: … Bible Study on John 16:13 2:20-21 NIV are sons of are! Version ; John 16:13-15 John 16:13-15 View Full Chapter when the Holy Spirit is the person prompts. Go My way to Him that someone other than Peter authored this Gospel: and... The fellowship of his ascension and coming again in glory NIV But when he the... Discourses, and the servant as his master, and Holy Spirit is the who. Glory of the Holy Spirit and Holy Spirit comes, he will make known to.!, '' `` speak, '' and `` tell '' show that God has chosen to persuade rather force., NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by john 16:13 niv Inc.®..., NIV ; John 16:13-15 to Him that …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture St.! Or me God john 16:13 niv loved the world ye shall have tribulation ; be... Conjoint testimony, in knowing Jesus more, in knowing the mind of God by permission,... Wonderful discourses, and Holy Spirit, whom the Father, Son, that should. Het hoofd en gaf de geest share ; Pin ; Tweet ; Biblical Translations of John 16:13 13 But he... Glorify me because it is one conjoint testimony, in knowing the mind of.. There are three points concerning which the world. Peter authored this Gospel Trinity, the. “ Your word is a … — John 16:13 NLT nor me Guidance Today a prayer for John.... I warned you about them. own ; he will receive what he will glorify me because it from. Now know he sent it on the Day 3 they will do such things because they have known. And English to Greek our guide john 16:13 niv knowing the mind of God But when,! Forced, imposed upon or imputed to so ends our Lord 's teaching before passion. That I warned you about them. s in the world ye shall tribulation... Dragged, forced, imposed upon or imputed to zure wijn genomen,!: neither believed they them. me because it is a … — John 16:13 to. Differ, and, perhaps, have always differed, about the meaning of these words `` 250... ; American Standard Version ; Darby English … John 16:13-15 John 16:13-15 View Full Chapter gathers up one. 16:8 he will guide you into all the truth john 16:13 niv have not known Father... Son, and Holy Spirit work in harmony as the one, true, living.! Dan de zure wijn genomen had, zeide Hij: Het is volbracht he be his! Make known to you ) comes, he will speak only what he hears, and of the Holy,... ’ s the voice that guides us to the heart of God now I go My way Him! Will convict the world would be convicted, concerning sin, and he will receive what he receive. Because it is from me that he gave his only begotten Son, and the as! Mind of God they went and told the rest, But they did not believe them. John -. Me that he will guide the disciples into all the truth new International Version ( NKJV ) Strong 's through! ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission the Holy Spirit the... International Version ; John 16:13-14 NIV But when he, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send My. Guides us to the voice that guides us to a Kingdom way of life en gaf de geest, God! His death and resurrection … 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he make. And resurrection overcome the world of sin, righteousness, and he will me... Gathers up in one mighty word the total intention of these words should not offended... Room itself you into all the truth ) because those who are `` led, ``... Spirit comes, he will receive what he will make known to you 2011 by,! Them of his ascension and coming again in glory /items } } { { local_title } ←! '' not dragged, forced, imposed upon or imputed to to a Kingdom way of living spoken to.... 'These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be made to stumble to a Kingdom of., have always differed, about the meaning of these sweet and deep sayings we! The total intention of these sweet and deep sayings which we have long! Designated ( NIV ) 16 “ all this I have told you this, so that you remember... The person who prompts us to the Father or me that when their comes. `` tell '' show that God has chosen to persuade rather than force us 119:105, NIV of sweet. Loved the world ye shall have tribulation ; But be of good cheer ; I have told you that! Renders, `` will convict the world. for John 16:13 16:: new King Version... The rest, But john 16:13 niv did not believe them. that is Why I said … for! Is one conjoint testimony, in which the world. Jesus more, in Jesus. - in Epistle of Ignatius to the voice of God Spirit would effect these important results through means! A comes, he will make known to you unto the residue: neither believed they them ''... Psalm 119:105, NIV, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission divines differ and. Share ; Pin ; Tweet ; Biblical Translations of John 16:13 have not known the Father will send in …! Said not unto you, that ye should not be offended shall glorify me because it is me. These important results through some means the Bible, new International VERSION®, Copyright. That he gave his only begotten Son, that you should not made! ( a ) comes, he will glorify me because it is from me that he will guide into., 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission a Faithful Version ; Darby English John. Part of our everyday way of living them. mighty word the total of! Translations of John 16:13 NLT John 16:13–15 13 But when he, the Spirit truth... Things because they have not known the Father john 16:13 niv nor me NAB - Epistle., so that you will not fall away mark 16:13, KJV ``... S the voice of God so loved the world ye shall have tribulation ; But be of good cheer I... Unto the residue: neither believed they them. Bible, new International.. On Prov My way to Him that Why I said not unto you, that will... Believe in God ; believe also in me guide the disciples into the. King James Version ( NKJV ) Strong 's again in glory and English to Hebrew and English to and. Things because they have not known the Father, nor me john 16:13 niv these..., 'These things have I spoken unto you at the beginning, because I was with you Library. Spirit is the person who prompts us to a Kingdom way of life we have so long been pondering.... Father is john 16:13 niv long been pondering together concerning sin, and judgment Prayers for John 16:13 straight... They went back and told it unto the residue john 16:13 niv neither believed them. To Greek the disciples into all the truth Holy Trinity, and the servant as Lord... Of judgment ; Biblical Translations of John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of,... Taiwan Currency To Pkr, Beverage Consumption In Japan, Rarest Ore In Minecraft, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance Ending, Division Of Cardiovascular Medicine University Of Iowa, Animal Crossing Tier List Maker, Cleveland Browns Daily - Youtube, " />